The Building Official group at the State of Utah Division of Facilities Construction and Management is responsible for governing and enforcing building codes and conducting inspections for state-owned, leased or rented buildings, ensuring their safety and quality standards. Their oversight is specific to state-owned, leased or rented facilities and does not extend to privately owned residential or commercial buildings.
State Building Codes
The State of Utah has adopted the statewide "I" codes in all state-owned facilities and partners with other state agencies to protect the health and safety of the visitors, residents, and employees of those facilities. See these two lists of approved codes and design criteria for additional information.
If you're an architect or engineer and you need help using the EDMS system, uploading drawings, or have questions about deferred submittals, these drop-down menus have some helpful information.
Need help accessing the EDMS?
Access the EDMS by clicking here!
Inspections and Testing
If you have questions about pre-qualifying as a code inspector firm or as an approved fabricator for the State of Utah, this list of policy resources will help you along your way.
Get Pre-QualifiedClick here to learn how to become a pre-qualified vendor
FY2024 Pre-Qualified Code Inspection FirmsTo be Used by State Agencies and Higher Ed
- Approved Fabricator List (PDF)
- Approved Fabricator Requirements
- Contact the State Fire Marshal
- DFCM Inspection Request Policy
- DFCM Inspection Services Policies for FY2024
- DFCM Materials Testing/Special Inspection Standard
- FY2024 Code Inspection Rates
- Inspection Site Log
- Minimum Qualifications for Special Inspectors & Material Testing Laboratories
- State Fire Marshal's Office Inspection Areas by Fire Marshal