Hazardous Materials Program
NOTE: Prior to Renovating or Demolishing a State Owned Building or Structure. You May Be Subject to State and Federal Requirements.
DFCM Haz-Mat Program can provide Information & Assistance with the following:
- Information and conference on Federal, State and local compliance and reporting.
- Survey and assessment of the building, facility or limited area scheduled for renovation or demolition
- Select Certified and qualified abatement and remediation contractors for the renovation or demolition
- Select Certified and qualified 3rd party environmental consultants for abatement renovation or demolition oversight as needed
- Review requirements for recordkeeping
- Containerizing, transport and disposal of Hazardous Materials and Wastes
Referenced Regulations for Compliance
- National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) 40 CFR Part 61, Subpart M
- Asbestos Model Accreditation Plan (MAP) 40 CFR Part 763
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA) Title II
- Lead in Construction 29 CFR 1926.62
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Subtitles C and D