Utah State Building Official
State Building Codes
The State of Utah has adopted the statewide "I" codes in all state-owned facilities and partners with other state agencies to protect the health and safety of the visitors, residents, and employees of those facilities. See these two lists of approved codes and design criteria for additional information.
If you're an architect or engineer and you need help using the EDMS system, uploading drawings, or have questions about deferred submittals, these drop-down menus have some helpful information.
Need help accessing the EDMS?
Access the EDMS by clicking here!
- Drafting Design Standards
- Code Analysis Form (PDF Format)
- Special Inspection & Testing Form, IBC Chapter 17 (DOC Format) (PDF Format)
- NonStructural Component Checklist (Word Format) (PDF Format)
- Deferred Submittal Policy
- Deferred Submittal Guidelines
- Nonstructural Components Guidelines
- Phased Approval Guidelines
- Re-Roof Information Sheet (DOC Format) (PDF Format)
- Alternate Materials, Design and Methods Request Form (DOC Format) (PDF Format)
Inspections and Testing
If you have questions about pre-qualifying as a code inspector firm or as an approved fabricator for the State of Utah, this list of policy resources will help you along your way.
Approved Fabricators List (PDF)
FY2023 Pre-Qualified Code Inspection FirmsTo be Used by State Agencies and Higher Ed
- UDC Only - FY2019 Approved Special Inspection and Testing Firms
- Minimum Qualifications for Special Inspectors & Material Testing Laboratories
- DFCM Materials Testing/Special Inspection Standard
- Approved Fabricator Requirements
- DFCM Inspection Request Policy
- Inspection Site Log
- DFCM Inspection Services Policies for FY2023
- FY2023 Code Inspection Rates
- State Fire Marshal's Office Inspection Areas by Fire Marshal
- Contact the State Fire Marshal
Need to speak to someone?
If you're having trouble finding what you're looking for, please don't hesitate to give us a call. Find our complete contact information by clicking here!